HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician
WR logistics are currently recruiting for a HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician in Llanelli.
This is a permanent opportunity to join a busy team within a Logistics company in Llanelli.
Hours and Pay – HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician
- 4 on 4 off
- 0600 – 1800
- £17.50 per hour (annually £35K approx)
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Company Discount Benefits
- Company Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Duties – HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician
My client is looking for a number of mechanics to join our Heavy Vehicle and repair team in our Dafen workshop team from the 29th September 2022 onwards. This role will be repairing and maintaining our fleet of our various HGVs and Trailers. You’ll be gaining experience working with heavy goods vehicles and trailers and ideally will work towards gaining formal qualifications with HGV maintenance and repair if not already.
Job Purpose: To supply a skilled technical service to ensure maximum equipment effectiveness to meet customer requirements.
- Diagnose and repair trailers dealing with mechanical breakdowns and damage to restore vehicles to required performance in order to minimise/or avoid unnecessary delays.
- Provide technical knowledge/advice/skill to other team members ensuring the best decisions are made.
- Carry out weekly inspections of vehicles
- Carry out preventative planned maintenance/repairs
- Carry out all other duties as directed by the Company
- Availability to cover call outs
- Shift work
- A clean driving licence is essential
- Mechanical qualification or equivalent experience
- Ability to diagnose/repair mechanical breakdowns
- Team player with a flexible Can Do attitude
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.