WR logistics are currently recruiting for a HR Assistant in Basildon, Essex.
This is permanent role within a large Logistics company based in Basildon.
This role will be working in a busy HR department as a HR Administrator. This is a challenging role providing the opportunity for career progression for the right candidate.
Hours and Pay – HR Assistant
- Monday – Friday
- 0830 – 1730
- £23,000 – £24,000 – Depending on experience.
- 20 Days holiday (loyalty day holiday increments after completing one year’s service to a max of 5 days.
Job Role – HR Assistant
- Maintain HR databases and absence management platforms.
- Handle HR queries
- Onboard all new starters (Offer letters, contracts of employment, job descriptions, DBS, right to work checks, references, induction)
- Analyse criminal records checks (DBS) for new employee screening.
- Update employee policies & procedures
- Update and maintaining job descriptions.
- Assisting & guiding managers with HR related matters, maintain employee relations.
- Produce management reports from HR databases and absence management system.
- Assist with special HR projects.
- Preparing and amending HR documents where necessary, for e.g. recruitment guides
- Communicating with external partners where required with guidance of Head of HR
- Carry out all the administrative processes in the recruitment process, for e.g.; prepare recruitment documents, draft and place adverts, log application forms, administer recruitment campaigns, sit on interview panels and/or administer tests.
- Ensure that the HR service undertakes all necessary employment checks including DBS checks and right to work, qualification and medical checks and references
- Support conducting induction meetings with new employees and workers
- Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner, the Line manager is aware of the process and any outstanding annual leave is calculated in accordance with the employee’s terms and conditions.
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted for staff either face to face or electronically
- Administer and promote employee staff benefits schemes when required
- Reporting regularly on HR metrics as required
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
- Assisting with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. new starters, leavers, holiday and sick days taken
- Helping with various arrangements internally, from travel to processing expenses
- To undertake other activities identified from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience as a HR administrator or HR administrator’s assistant
- Demonstrate understanding of HR processes
- Preferable CIPD L3 Qualified (or studying towards CIPD L3)
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal resilience and the capacity to work effectively and stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrate customer care skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentiality is essential
- Good team working skills
#logistics #HR # HRadministrator #HRassistant # Basildon
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.