Import Customs Clearance Administrator
Position: Import Customs Clearance Administrator
Location: Witham, Essex
Hours: Mon – Fri, 9am-17:30pm Part
Smart working available
Our client is a well established global freight forwarding group, leading the way in international freight movement via, ocean air and road. Due to continued growth plans for 2023 and beyond they are now seeking an experienced Import Customs Clearance professional to join their team of dedicated Customs professional at their offices in Witham.
This is a full term permanent position and a salary of £30,000 is achievable for the right candidate. There is also an option to work part remotely for the succesful individual.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team reporting to a Customs Manager
- Signing of documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients
- Recogniseclientcommercialinvoice(s)andpackinglist(s)extractingdataas necessary to complete import declarations
- Liaisingwithimportersandinternaloperationalcolleaguestoobtainmandatory information for import entries
- Aiding clients on the classification of goods and their importance
- EnteringdetailsontospecialisedCustomssoftwareincludingCDS,CNS,Destin8, NCTS, NES etc
- Allocating the correct licences depending on type of goods being imported
- Applicationofdutyrefundsandtariffreclassificationasappropriateandwillassist with any appeals that may arise
- BefullyconversantwithimportCustomsregulations,whilstkeepinguptodatewith changes as tariff system insurance requirements and or restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other Customs related matters
- Preparationofnecessaryimportdocumentation,includingT-documents,EUR1’s, CertificatesofOrigin(CofO),CVEDandothercargocontroldocuments,aswellas discharge process of T-documents etc
- LiaisewithPortHealthorCustomsofficialsinareassuchasdocumentchecks, goods quarantine etc.
- Arrange the release of goods from our company to Customs approved sites(ETSF locations)and/orportofarrivalwithliaisonwithinternalcolleaguesonrelease, transport & warehousing issues
- Experience of Import Customs processes including CDS.
- Knowledge of different markets and UK Customs tariff regimes.
- Last Reviewed By – Date Last Reviewed – Complexproblemsolvingandtheabilitytoengagecriticalthinkingskillswillbe required as well as the ability to actively listen and interpret concisely.
- Although you will work as part of a team, you need to be self-motivating and be able to organise your work effectively and maintain records
- Able to complete 15 clearances a day.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.