Import Customs Clearance Coordinator
Position: Import Customs Clearance Coordinator
Location: Farnborough, UK
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Salary: Up to £34,000 (DOE)
Hours: Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:30
Import/ Customs Clearance Coordinator required for a UK based Multi-Modal Freight Forwarding & Logistics Company shipping globally Export/Import air, sea, road, courier. Office based in Farnborough (UK)
- Manage import clearances into the UK across all shipping modes: Air, Road and Sea.
- Arranging all modes import/export deliveries and transport in the UK.
- Assist with import bookings to UK from overseas countries & managing some client accounts (local, national, and international) and following up on service expectations to various clients.
- Providing rates to specific sales channel clients.
- Some invoice processing and tie up of client’s paperwork for their records.
- Manage queries and resolve problems.
- Some KPIs after probationary period
- Min 3 years current experience as a forwarder import/export clerk in the UK.
- Previous/current experience as a UK freight forwarder in UK import operations only with current experience of CDS entries using Sequoia and knowledge of UK import customs procedures (including temporary, bonded and ATA CARNETS).
- Conscientious work ethic.
- Confident telephone manner and able to rapport build.
- Able to work to very tight deadlines under pressure and prioritise workload efficiently.
- Able to act under own initiative and alone at times.
- A proactive self-starter & motivated to succeed.
- High standard of attention to detail.
- Quick to learn.
- Customer service orientated.
- Computer literate (MS Outlook, MS Exel, Windows).
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.