Internal Sales – Chelmsford – Up to £30,000 (DOE) + Bonuses
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Directors, the primary goal is to assist in day to day quotes, assist the BDM and Director enquiries and call existing/dropped off/new clients. To Focus on developing Ocean & Airfreight opportunities, which includes requests and follow up on any potential new business opportunities and creating awareness of the company’s product and capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospecting for business opportunities and support the BDM’s, Directors and other staff members.
- Proactively develop opportunities from customers, networks and agents.
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete quotations and supply best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Source buy rates where required and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all Quotations and costs are loaded onto computer system either by EDI or manually, checking for accuracy.
- Ensure all Quotations are responded to and action within a timely manner.
- Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Be aware of company product, services, key selling points and general market knowledge.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key partners/agents, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Deliver new sales opportunities with overseas partners and agency networks in line with Strategic Sales campaigns and promotions.
- Maintain all records within company systems, with focus on sharing pertinent information with management and colleagues.
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators set. These should be reviewed weekly and summarised monthly along with action plans for improvement for the following month, as appropriate.
- Propose events and activities to enhance the company’s connections with potential target customers and markets.
- Complete weekly & month end routines as directed by your line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ year’s experience within the industry
- Preferable experience in Sea freight (Air,Sea,Road)
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Computer literate
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.