Internal Sales Executive – Freight
Our client who are UK-based freight forwarder are looking for an Internal Sales Executive to join their team in the Heathrow area.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the primary goal is to co-ordinate the internal freight sales activities of the company. This includes requests and follow up on any potential new business opportunities and creating awareness of the company’s product and capabilities.
Job type – Permanent
Hours – Office based – 09:00-17:30 – Monday to Friday
- Salary – Up to £40,000 (DOE)
- Holiday allowance – 20 days plus bank holidays and birthday off
- Health Insurance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in prospecting for new business and support the sales and operations staff.
- Proactively develop airfreight opportunities from customers, networks and agents
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete quotations and supply best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff and customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Source buy rates and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all Quotations and costs are loaded onto computer system, checking for accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining rate matrices to enable fast and accurate turnaround of quotations.
- Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Be aware of company product, services, key selling points and general market knowledge.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key partners/agents, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Deliver new sales opportunities with overseas partners and agency networks in line with Strategic Sales campaigns and promotions.
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with external sales managers to develop and maximize all new business sales opportunities.
- Join sales managers on customer visits to assist in retaining or securing new accounts, when required.
- Maintain all records within company systems, with focus on sharing pertinent information with management and colleagues.
- Ensure financial targets are met or exceeded. At the same time, ensure that all appropriate financial controls are in place to comply with financial and regulatory requirements.
- Experience within UK freight forwarding
- Experience in Quoting/Pricing within a forwarding setting
- Sales or Operational background within forwarding
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.