WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Logistics Administrator in Tilbury.
An exciting new opportunity has come up within my clients shipping department. They are a leader in their market and have 13 offices across the UK. The ideal candidate will have a freight forwarding background within sea freight imports. The company are in a period of growth with extensive plans forecast for the next 2 years. The successful candidate will be provided with any additional industry specific training, as they operate in a very niche market.
Currently a 12 Months maternity cover but business is expanding so real opportunity to be taken on permenantly.
Hours and Pay – Logistics Administrator (shipping department)
- Monday – Friday
- 0830 – 1700
- £21,000 – £28,000
- Part Time considered either 3 full days or 5 shorter days. (salary will be pro rata)
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
The role – Logistics Administrator
- Ensuring that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
- Providing information to the team and customers directly relating to HMRC customs and excise for the import & export of shipments via road, air &/or sea
- Advising on the documentation necessary for direct import/export, transit movements
- Ensuring that all necessary custom clearance processes post Brexit are implemented in a timely and accurate fashion
- Processing of shipping documentation
- Recording stock and costs into our BisTrack system in a timely manner
- Working alongside the sales & procurement team to ensure the smooth shipping and visibility of product into stock
- To ensure the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies. And ensure good query resolution
- Good administrative experience within logistics or freight forwarder.
- Customs clearance and entries experience is a main duty of this role
- Experience of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS or Data Freight is essential. ASM Sequoia an advantage
- Experience of BisTrack highly desirable & Advantageous but not essential as training will be given
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both written and verbal internally and externally
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Must have a flexible approach
- Have a can do attitude and be a good problem solver
#shippingclerk #customs #freightforwarding #oceanfreight # seafreight #logisticsadministrator #tilbury
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.