Logistics Co-Ordinator (Late Shifts) – Thurrock – Up to £32,000
Due to increased growth in the business, our client, who are a leading European Haulier are looking for individuals to join their fast paced team as a Logistics Coordinator based at their depot in Thurrock.
The role entails being the first point of call for their drivers and customers ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of product across the country.
Salary: £25,000 – £32,000 DOE
Along with 20 days annual leave, bank holidays and company pension, they offer the following benefits-
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Employee Discount Programme
- After completing six months’ service, Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After six months’ service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- Onsite parking available
Type: Office based
Full time, Permanent
Shift: Mon – Fri (PM) 10.30am – 7:00pm
- Be the first point of contact and liaise with customers and drivers to answer queries
- Prepare transport documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Re-planning of customer base loads as the need arises
- Liaise with other offices in the UK, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, drivers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- Contact delivery UK destinations to book in deliveries
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g., invoicing, filing, queries, claims,
- POD handling for customers
- Previous experience as a Logistics Coordinator or in a similar role preferable
- Quality organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks using your own initiative at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate working administrative background
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.