Logistics & Freight Controller
Job Title: Logistics Controller
Reporting to: Logistics & Customs Manager
Location: Little Hulton, Salford
Working Hours: 8.30am – 5pm
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
Following an internal move, we are now looking to recruit a Logistics Controller. Our team supports the business with a range of activities including freight sourcing (Ocean 85%, Air 10%, Road 5%), documentation compliance, customs compliance, customs specialist procedures, logistical problem solving, warehouse schedule management, supplier payments and freight invoicing, & reporting.
The logistics industry has seen a great deal of change over the last 18 months, it is our goal as a cargo owner to stay ahead of the curve – ensuring that our goods are moving efficiently and compliantly.
It is an exciting time for our business. As a wholesale textile provider to many of the countries recognised retail names, our teams are preparing to deliver our future goals.
Working with freight forwarders, shipping lines & our internal teams to:
- Manage & take ownership over our warehouse’s intake schedules. Balancing container time at ports with site restrictions, ETA changes & haulage availability.
- Manage & Take ownership of supplier documentation checks (invoices, packing lists, bills of lading & GSP), providing feedback to our buying team and suppliers when required.
- Manage & take ownership over our logistics data, ensuring that all records/jobs are up to date & reports are correct.
- Act as the initial point of contact for our team, responding to queries and developing relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ensure all customs entries are completed correctly & compliantly.
- Provide support with specialist customs procedures and processing in our duty management system.
- Provide support with supply chain finance and letter of credit agreements.
- Provide support with data entry and management of freight invoices.
- Completing all customer related product documentation on time, in detail and to the requirements, gathering information from relevant stake holders where needed.
- Working as part of the wider Dunelm team across all areas of the business from Design, QC, Merchandising, Accounts and Warehousing, completing and updating all required documents accurately to ensure processes are followed and stakeholders are fully updated on the customers present requirements.
- Based in Little Hulton (Manchester), with home working possibilities (1 day a week / as required).
- Take ownership for self-development and opportunities to network.
- Contribute to internal meetings and discussions with our partners, providing feedback & recommendations where appropriate.
- Participate in team knowledge share sessions & build up a working knowledge of all relative matters.
- Ocean freight & customs experience strongly desirable.
- Appreciation of data, systems and MS Excel skills desirable.
- Great stakeholder management, a strong relationship builder.
- Good communicator who enjoys a good relationship with colleagues in the office as well as getting the work done.
- A good commercial awareness & ability to make logistical decisions.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Pension plan with 3% employer contribution
- Death in Service Life Assurance
- Product discounts
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.