Manufacturing Engineering Test Engineer
Job Advert – Must have experience
A great opportunity has arisen to join a global manufacturer electrical products. A truly world class large corporate company with a brand and reputation of quality. They offer excellent opportunities for career progression.
The Manufacturing Engineering Test Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing Electronic Test processes and contributing to continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient Electronic Manufacturing Test processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices and Eaton’s safety standards
- Assists others in root cause and failure analysis as required
- Influences new product development projects and improve manufacturability
- Develops/validates manufacturing Test processes and tooling to reach project targets in term of quality/cost/timing
- Defines test impact and workload coming from Modification request
- Assists in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies, for new product introduction or continuous improvement, as required
- BSc. Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree preferable
- Knowledge in ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) software e.g. National Instrument® TestStand®, LabVIEW® or PowerStar®
- Software development experience, programming in C++, Visual Basics etc.
- Knowledge of Power Electronic product – i.e. High Voltage/Current, Electronic converters
- Familiar with electronic manufacturing test processes (ICT, FCT, Dielectric, Run-In, Burn-In,…) and technical specifications to support facilities competencies & ISO9001
- Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability
- Working knowledge of engineering design and product reliability concepts
Salary – Up to £45k (Based on experience)
Loads of company benefits
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.