Manufacturing Process Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineer – Luton – £38,000-£52,000
A globally renowned manufacturer in Luton seeks a Manufacturing & Process Engineer to join there Engineering Department.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful Manufacturing Process Engineer will provide technical support to Production and the sites maintenance department, and will undertake continuous improvement projects using proven lean manufacturing techniques. The successful Manufacturing Process Engineer will also undertake capital investment projects from initial concept to incorporating equipment into manufacturing.
Candidates with a Maintenance Engineering background looking to move into Process Improvement / Process Engineering would be an ideal fit.
Salary – £38,000 – £52,000 (DOE)
Working Hours: 06:00-14:00 (Monday-Friday) and 14:00-22:00 (Monday-Friday) rotating weekly
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
10% STVS (Bonus)
Pension Scheme – 10% employer contribution
Annual salary reviews
Health cash-plan scheme
- You will be responsible for maintaining, developing and optimising key processes to reduce costs, improve quality, reduce machine resetting time, whilst ensuring all aspects of operations are both safe and efficient.
- Provide support to operations and the maintenance department.
- Identify, and carry out improvements to existing processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative, and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Maintain positive team relationships with internal customers as well as co-workers.
- Undertake Capital investments to eliminate equipment obsolescence or implement new technologies from concept to completion. Typical value £10K – £850K
- Create Technical documentation for new equipment/processes.
- Comply with the company’s health and safety requirements, promoting zero-compromise attitude.
- Must be Apprentice trained
- Experience working in high volume, high speed production environment – essential
- Experience of lean manufacturing processes such as 5S, Six Sigma and Kaizen.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, report writing skills – essential
You will likely have held one of the following positions previously; Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.