Mobile HGV / Trailer Fitter
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Mobile HGV / Trailer Fitter in Newport.
This is a Permanent vacancy for a busy Logistics company based in Newport.
Hours and Pay – Mobile HGV / Trailer Fitter
Monday – Friday
50 hours per week
£13.50 per hour – 30 min unpaid break daily (approx £33,345 annually)
Job role – Mobile HGV / Trailer Fitter
My client are looking for a Mobile HGV & Trailer Fitter/ Mechanic to join our Newport workshop team. This role will be attending diagnostics and repairs on the move on the roadside, other depots and other sites.
Job Purpose: To supply a skilled technical service to ensure maximum equipment effectiveness to meet customer requirements.
Specific Key Accountabilities:
- Diagnose and repair trailers dealing with mechanical breakdowns and damage to restore vehicles to required performance in order to minimise/or avoid unnecessary delays.
- Provide technical knowledge/advice/skill to other team members ensuring the best decisions are made.
- Carry out weekly inspections of vehicles
- Carry out preventative planned maintenance/repairs
- Carry out all other duties as directed by the Company
- Availability to cover call outs
- Shift work
- Apprentice trained and qualified to City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in heavy vehicle mechanics, maintenance and repair or equivalent advantageous but not essential.
- A clean driving licence is essential
- HGV category C+E entitlement (advantageous but not essential)
- Training in IOSH working safely (advantageous but not essential)
- Ability to diagnose/repair mechanical breakdowns
- Team player with a flexible Can Do attitude
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.