Ocean Import Clerk
Ocean Import Clerk
Industry: Freight Forwarding
£27,000 – £32,000 (DOE)
My client is looking to appoint an experienced Ocean Import Operator to add to their team based in Manchester. With 120 locations across 30 countries worldwide, you will truly be part of a multi-national leading organisation.
- Deals directly with clients, customs and agents to ensure the quickest and best movement of cargo throughout the world.
- Prepares documents necessary to complete Import, Export and customs clearance process.
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to insure proper movement and delivery.
- Proper and correct billing and cost information populated in TMF for accurate invoicing and job costing.
- Communicate with customers regarding disposition of Freight (i.e. tracking & tracing, routing & dispatching, and rate quotations).
- Communicate & correspond with other Company branches and agents for customer satisfaction, and ensure excellent service execution.
- Seek the most profitable mode of shipment, yet meet customer’s requirement for the movement of freight.
- KPI adherence – DNI / LNR / Cost accuracy / ROTP.
- Ensure compliance in line with company and industry policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you have Ocean Freight Experience? Do you have Import or Export experience? Would you like to be part of an organisation that offers progression avenues and career development?
I would like to hear from you!
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.