Ocean Import Coordinator
Ocean Import Coordinator – Southampton – Up to £29,000
A Global Freight Forwarder with an office based in Southampton are currently looking for an experienced Import Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of 7 dedicated employees who specialise in Import and customs procedures for FCL & LCL Shipments.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working for an international freight forwarder or shipping line.
You will be confident and experienced with full Customs clearance procedures for ocean.
Duties and responsibilities
* Import of goods using appropriate method
* Advising customers of the method of import to be used
* You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid.
* Invoicing Vat & Duties to the customer.
* Liaising with Customers via Face, Telephone or E mail.
* You will be entering details onto specialised customs software including CHIEF, CNS, ( CDS ) Destin8 and CFSP.
* You will be required to be fully conversant with import laws and regulations.
Ideally the candidate should have the following:
* Previous experience in all aspects of Import Customs entries
* IT literate. You must be able to operate computer programs such as Windows and any other software that is standard within the industry
* A flexible attitude to work and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced working environment with the capability to take initiative.
* Excellent communication & professional customer service skills.
* Strong communication skills are vital both written and verbally
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required
* Complex problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills will be required, as well as the ability to actively listen and interpret concisely.
* A Can do & Positive attitude
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.