Ocean Import Coordinator
Ocean Import Coordinator – East London – Up to £35,000 with Hybrid working
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sea Freight Import Operator to join one of our client’s import team. You will be responsible for handling the import sea freight shipments from origin to destination whilst delivering first in class customer care.
Our client are an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company. where they combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider, simplifying international trade and adding value to their clients.
Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 17:00pm (1 hour lunch break)
** Hybrid working with 3 days a week in the office and 2 days working from home **
What’s on Offer:
- Work for the industry’s Employer of the Year!
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Award Winning staff development program offering genuine career development opportunities.
- Staff Loyalty schemes and discounts
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Controlling clients’ import seafreight shipments from origin to destination (FCL’s and LCL’s)
- Liaising with clients, overseas partners, and suppliers to arrange quick dispatch of cargo
- Effectively using the CargoWise system to create and manage shipments within agreed upon KPI’s
- Maintaining data quality in CargoWise with a focus on providing clients with accurate date within our innovative visibility platform
- Ensuring all documents and customs clearance information are received and updated in a timely manner
- Arranging import customs clearance in line with the company AEO procedures
- Proactively planning and arranging deliveries as per client requirements
- Problem solving and escalating any issues with arrival of goods which may lead to issues with customer deliveries.
- Ensuring clients are served in line with their Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Dealing with client invoicing/job in a timely and accurate manner
- Building relationship with customers in order to add value to the clients and maximise business opportunities
Experience & Qualities Required:
- 2 years previous import sea freight experience within a freight forwarding company is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communications with the ability to deliver best in class customer service.
- Quick learner with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines and maintain focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully manage and find solutions for complex and unexpected situations
- Knowledge of customs procedures and customs tariff would be an advantage
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.