Ocean Import Coordinator
Ocean Import Coordinator – Southampton – Up to £32,000
We are supporting our client, who are an International Freight Forwarder, who operate out of Southampton, UK look for an Ocean Import Coordinator who is experienced in dealing with Ocean Freight, start to finish.
The purpose of role is to quote, plan and co-ordinate the shipment of goods, meeting customer expectations whilst ensuring high compliance and maximising gross profit.
Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 5:00pm (No weekends)
Up to £32,000
Annual leave: 22 days plus bank holidays
Duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate with clients to ensure transparency and promote good customer service
- To work closely with both internal and external parties to ensure shipments are transported in the most cost effective and efficient way
- Issuing quotations to clients in a prompt and competitive manner
- Customs entries and compliance
- Negotiating costs and service while maximising profitability
- Handle and control shipments from start-to-finish, ensuring milestones are update
- Invoicing shipments in line with quotations and credit agreements set
- Prompt processing of costs and purchase invoices as required
- Good knowledge within the industry
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Great attention to detail with high accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- CDS knowledge/experience
- A high level of written and oral communication
- Able to work independently and as part of a small team
- Willingness to keep up-to-date with changes to customs & compliance regulation
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.