Ocean Import / Export Operator
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Ocean Import / Export Operator based in Basildon.
This is an a exciting permanent opportunity to join a thriving well known freight forwarders as a Ocean Import / Export Operator based in Basildon!
Hours and Pay – Ocean Import / Export Operator
- Monday – Friday – Hybrid role home and office
- £25,000 – £28,000 (depending on experience)
- 0830 – 1700
Purpose of Role:
Deal with LCL Ocean Freight pricing enquiries for UK & IE. This covers Spot Quotations, Long Term Agreements, Renewal of Existing Quotes, and Overseas Enquiries. Additionally, work on customer/internal billing & supplier invoice queries. Support export gateway team where needed.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure all Ocean quotes and rates are raised and filed correctly on company’s internal systems, to make sure they are easily accessed by internal teams.
- Obtaining local charges from origin/destination offices
- Obtaining charges from external service providers
- Work on customer/internal billing, address supplier invoice queries.
- Receive bookings from customers & overseas offices, and pass them to relevant team members.
- Support export gateway team with bookings, when needed.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, as well as adhere to appropriate time frames to support smooth workflow within the team.
- Meet all Company KPI targets and deadlines on a daily basis.
To ensure all sales teams and customers are provided with a timely, accurate and competitive product / pricing offering.
- To use internal softwares and ensure all quotations are current, done in a timely fashion and that existing client rates are kept up to date.
- To ensure we quote profitable, competitive rates.
- Ensure that all charges entered into systems are correct as per agreed tariffs and/or quotations.
- Ensure any negative discrepancies are investigated and reported to your line manager immediately.
- To abide to the Compliance Policies and Procedures of the Company.
- Take reasonable care of your own and other peoples Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Report hazards in your work or in your work environment that may be putting your or anyone else’s Health & Safety at risk.
- In addition to this you are required to carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by your Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Good understanding within the Freight forwarding industry.
- Competent with general freight forwarding requirements and procedures, big advantage if have experience relating to Ocean LCL.
- Able to work well within a team and have good communication skills.
- Highly organised and know how to pay attention
#basildon #Ocean Import / Export Operator #freightforwarding
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.