Ocean Import Operator
Position: Ocean Import Operator
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Salary: £25,000 + Bonuses
Hours: 08:30 – 17:30
Do you have Sea/ Ocean Freight Experience? Do you have Import Experience? Are you a Freight Forwarder? An Ocean Import Operator is required for a successful Freight Forwarder based in Chelmsford.
- At least 1 year working experience within the Freight industry
- Good communication skills and customer service
- The ideal candidate will be very well organised and professional
- Excellent listener and understand the importance of prioritising tasks
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
Duties will include the following:
- Checking of Telex/OBL release authorisation along with daily upkeep of files.
- Contact customers about new shipments
- Advise customers of Terms & Conditions for clearance/delivery information
- Check live inbound files daily for Estimated Time of Arrival via Vessel, Flight, or Truck.
- Manage commercial documents for clearance.
- Handle DUTY & VAT invoices
- Send pre agreed charges to paying parties.
- Update Operation forms regularly
- Ensure all shipments show profit and are in line with expected charges.
- Manage customer’s delivery expectations and pre-book in advance of Estimated Time of Arrival.
- Finalise files and ensure shipments are delivered and customers are completely satisfied.
- Keep all correspondence with suitable email subjects for easy tracking.
- Provide tracking reports to supervisor/management/sales or customers when required.
- Liaising with relevant departments within the company
- Regularly checking the delivery rates for merchant/line/hauliers
- Manage shipments and deliveries within a reasonable time scale
- Ensure spreadsheets are kept up to date
#freightforwarding #freightforwarder #oceanfreight #seafreight #import #freight
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.