Ocean Import Operator
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for an Ocean Import Operator in Felixstowe.
Ideally you will have good understanding within the Freight forwarding industry. Competent with general freight forwarding requirements and procedures, big advantage if have experience relating to Ocean Imports or LCL.
Hours and Pay – Ocean Import Operator
- Monday to Friday
- 09:00am – 17:30pm
- £27,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)
About the role – Ocean Import Operator
- Receive bookings from customers & overseas offices & process them in our in-house system for LCL shipping.
- Work with external service providers and maintain good relationships with them.
- Follow all company policies & procedures,
- Always keep customers & overseas offices up to date in relation to their shipments
- Ensure that all charges entered are correct as per agreed tariffs and/or quotations.
- Ensure any negative discrepancies are investigated and reported to your line manager immediately.
- Abide to the Compliance Policies and Procedures of the Company.
- Take reasonable care of your own and other people’s Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Proactive Interaction with LCL Team, Customer service, Admin and Management Team
- Previous Import experience in Ocean Freight an advantage
- Planning & Organising
- Customer focus, Teamwork Flexibility, Effective communicator.
- GCSE standard in English and Maths (or equivalent) essential.
- Basic level of Word and Excel
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.