Ocean Import Operator
Position: Ocean Import Operator
Hours: Mon – Fri -9:am – 17:30pm
Location: Bradford – BD2
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 DOE
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for end-to-end ocean imports procedures for key clients and accounts
To be responsible for producing high-quality customs entries and delivering outstanding customer service to all customers, overseas partners and suppliers.
- Dealing with a variety of commodities for all shipments
- Be able to handle the whole life cycle of the shipment from clearance to delivery to the customer
- Complete day-to-day customs clearance and entries for all ocean and some air freight shipments
- Arrange delivery onward to the client
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
- Liaise with overseas agents and hauliers
- Build good working relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Arrange import shipments for FCL & LCL
- You will need to have at least 2 years’ experience in freight forwarding
- Sea freight Import experience is essential
- Experience using Cargowise systems
- Experience of inputting into CHIEF
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.