Packhouse Manager required with strong experience in fresh food packing. This is a key role to drive change and lean through the packhouse warehouse.
As the successful Packhouse Manager you will lead the operational objectives of the packhouse, managing the team and ensuring the smooth and cost efficient running of the Packhouse team. Previous experience in the food industry is essential for this role.
This role would suit a supervisor, team leader or manager looking for more responsibility.
Salary £40,000 – £50,000
25 days holiday
+ full benefits package
- Assist in implementing Lean working practices
- Ensure that all work carried out is completed in line with Health and Safety protocols.
- Ensure that TSBCO product meets food safety, labelling legality and quality requirements.
- Plant, equipment and machinery are all maintained to ensuring all areas are safe, clean and tidy and meet maintenance schedules.
- Optimize fruit performance, minimise fruit loss and assist in maintaining cool chain integrity throughout the site.
- Performance Targets are met and exceeded where possible through understanding the impact of decisions made.
- Implement a continual improvement culture, ensuring the teams are always striving to improve performance.
- Assist in the packaging planning and scheduling of supply.
- Ensure BRC and customer compliance standards are met
- Work proactively with HR to ensure correct levels of staffing.
- Excellent people-management skills, specifically D&I and Cultural Awareness
- Must have a minimum of 5 years+experience working in an FMCG environment, ideally within fresh produce.
- Proven experience in process change & growth
- Lean training, ideally with experience of six sigma methodologies.
- Helpful but not essential: working knowledge of the Bulgarian Language and preferably others too such as Ukrainian, Polish etc.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.