Payroll Specialist (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Payroll Specialist (12 Month Fixed Month Contract – Manchester – Up to £30,000
Our Client, who are a well-known drinks distributor are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their team in Manchester.
The Payroll Specialist will play a crucial role in ensuring accurate and timely processing of the company’s fortnightly payroll.
Job type: 12-Month Fixed Contract
Hours: Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Up to £30,000
- Preparing and processing fortnightly payroll for approximately 1,500 employees.
- Accurate calculation of staff hours, considering salaries, overtime, bonuses, taxes/NI and other deductions.
- Input and maintain accurate employee payroll records whilst ensuring data integrity.
- Process new hires, terminations, and changes in employee status.
- Verify timesheets, leave records, and attendance information.
- Collaborate with HR to ensure accurate employee data and resolve discrepancies.
- Calculate and process statutory deductions, including income tax, National Insurance, and pension contributions/administration.
- Assist with year-end payroll processes, including P60s and P11Ds.
- Complete P45‘s, P46‘s and other related administration in the correct time allocation periods.
- Respond to employee payroll enquiries and provide excellent customer service.
- Stay updated with UK payroll regulations and ensure compliance.
- Support the finance team in various ad-hoc tasks and projects.
- To provide monthly statistical data reports to Head of HR.
- To be responsible for the compilation and submission of salary survey data.
- To maintain absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data in line with the GDPR.
- To maintain the administration of benefits schemes
- To administer Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay and Statutory Paternity Pay alongside our enhanced benefits.
- CIPP Qualified (or working towards a recognised qualification) / Extensive Payroll knowledge.
- Familiarity with payroll software systems to efficiently manage payroll data, process transactions, and generate reports.
- Use of Advanced (Mitrefinch) Payroll Software is desirable but not essential.
- A thorough understanding of payroll regulations, taxes and PAYE procedures.
- Strong mathematical skills and an attention to detail for high-level data accuracy.
- Proficiency in maintaining organized payroll records and documents for auditing and reporting purposes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including active listening to accurately answer queries.
- Skilled at identifying potential payroll discrepancies and addressing them proactively.
- Good use of Microsoft Excel for spreadsheets, records and reports, as well as knowledge and use of pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions.
- Customer-oriented mindset to provide exceptional support to employees with their payroll enquiries and concerns.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately WR Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.