Power Supply Design Engineer
Job Advert – Must have experience
A great opportunity has arisen to join a global manufacturer electrical products. A truly world class large corporate company with a brand and reputation of quality. They offer excellent opportunities for career progression.
As a Power Supply Design Engineer you will design semi-custom and custom AC-DC power supplies, DC-DC power converters, DC-AC power inverters and EMI filters for the Railway applications in the range of 5W-1kW.
- Design of AC/DC, DC-DC switch mode power supplies utilizing various electrical topologies.
- Design and development of power supply products from concept to volume production whilst ensuring that the design meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets.
- Liaising with cross-functional team (PCB layout, Mechanical engineering, Manufacturing and Quality engineering) to facilitate the design process.
- Selection of raw materials, components and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Electrical design of new and modified products ensure products designs are cost effective and design for manufacturing.
- Performs complex bench or DV test for the qualification of products
- Have minimum 3 years experience
- Experience within power electronics, or transferable industries such as motor control, speed control, UPS , Renewable energy
- Analogue design experience
- PCB Package experience is preferred
- Cost and time to market experience is ideal
- Salary – Up to £45k (Based on experience)
- Great progression
- Loads of company benefits
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.