Principal Design Engineer – Nuclear
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer / Principal Engineer – Winchester – £49,000-£64,000 + Excellent Benefits
Principle Mechanical Design Engineer required to join a thriving engineering company based 8 minutes from Winchester.
As the successful Principle Engineer you will be responsible for the successful execution of design engineering projects, technical tender preparations and tender design estimates. You will also work with the Engineering Manager, to manager, develop and recruit the Company’s engineering resource.
It is highly desirable that the successful candidate has experience designing lifting equipment (cranes & hoists), special purpose machinery, remote handling equipment, containment facilities, glove-boxes or similar.
All successful candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
- Salary – £49,000-£64,000
- 37 hours a week
- Monday-Thursday 08:30-17:00 and Friday 08:30-16:30
- Private health care
- Pension 6% company contribution
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Death in service 4x annual salary
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation package offered
- To lead and progress the technical delivery of engineering projects.
- To produce engineering designs
- Day to day technical management of projects working with a team of engineers or as an individual.
- Analyse and understand technical tender specifications, producing the technical aspects of tender returns and creating accurate tender design estimates
- Peer review of concept designs, 3D CAD scheme designs, detailed manufacturing drawings and design substantiation by hand calculations.
- Demonstrable track record in engineering design using SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD
- Technical and commercial acumen
- Very strong mechanical engineering (or similar) background
- Exposure to, and understanding of, a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Previous experience working in a highly regulated environment e.g. pharmaceutical, defence, subsea, nuclear, oil & gas or similar.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.