Principal Mechanical Design Engineer – Bespoke Machinery
Senior / Principal Mechanical Design Engineer – Winchester
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required to join a leading manufacturer of bespoke machinery and equipment in the Winchester area. The role will involve producing designs, performing calculations/drawings/reports to contribute to the overall completion of the project.
The ideal candidate needs to have experience in electro-mechanical design / electronics repacking / ruggedising in highly regulated industries such as aerospace / defence / medical / nuclear or similar
- Salary £45,000-£54,000
- 37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
- Private health care with WPA (high level of cover)
- Pension 6% company contribution 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Death in service 4x annual salary
- Responsibilities and Duties
- To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents (such as drawings, calculations, reports) and ensure they are completed within the required timescales
- To issue engineering documents as required.
- To assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as draughting and testing of products, as well as other organisational tasks as deemed appropriate in order to ensure timely progress of projects being worked on.
- Concept, scheme and detail design engineering
- Senior / Principal Design Engineer experience
- Experience with SolidWorks, CAD / Autocad
- Strong mathematical and engineering calculations ability (Hans calcs, Ansys, FEA)
- Experience with electro-mechanical design / electronic re-packaging / ruggedising
- Degree, HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar (Significant experience and references in Engineering activities will be highly valued, in the Nuclear industry or other similar highly regulated industries).
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.