Product Development Engineer
Product Development Engineer / Engineering Solutions Design Engineer
We have an incredible vacancy for a solutions focused Design and Development Engineer. The role takes customers problems or requirements and turns them into engineered solutions. As our client are project led, no 2 projects are the same. The company specialise in solutions using sensors, automation and controls for applications in all environments and purposes..
We are looking for an electrically-biased engineer with a bend for designing and developing engineering solutions – cradle to grave. The successful candidate may be a recent graduate with a few years experience, or a seasoned engineer seeking a new challenge.
- Determine customer needs and goals for new product / solutions
- Conceptualise new products by producing 3D CAD models
- Fabricate prototypes for testing
- Testing throughout design and development process
- Produce product specifications and production procedures
- Consider manufacturing processes, design tolerances
- Previous experience in product development and engineering design to component level
- Highly likely to have an Electrical / Electronic, Mechatronic or Control Systems Engineering degree or HNC / HND
- Previous experience (not required) may have been as a New Product Development Engineer, Electronic Design Engineer, R&D Engineer, NPI Engineer or similar)
- Knowledge of senors, automation, control systems is essential
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, quality control protocols
- 3D modelling with Solidworks, AutoCAD 3D or similar
- Analytical, creative and able to work without tight management and guidance
- Arduino programming knowledge (C/C++)
- PCB design knowledge (AutoCAD Electrical, Eplan, orCAD or similar)
Applicants may have a couple of years or 30+ years relevant engineering and development experience.
- £35K – £50K DoE
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:15-5pm, 12:45 finish Fridays
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.