Production Engineer – Mechanical Engineering
Clear and structured progression is on offer with a well established manufacturer of machinery in the Hook area. This role is with a leading company providing solutions for construction and academic sectors.
This company is well established and stable, having had success even during the pandemic, my client continues to grow and innovate following almost 50 years of doing business. Internal promotion and training opportunities are promoted company-wide.
This role focuses on supporting the day to day activities within the production area, and working closely with relevant departments to achieve best practice. Previous experience may have been as a Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Design Engineer or similar.
- Up to £40,000
- Bonus up to £2000
- £75 well being voucher
- Free lunch, sandwiches, baguettes and salads, hot food
- Parking on site
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary
- Cycle to work scheme: The cycle to work scheme is run though Evans cycles.
- Support the Assembly Technicians with real time build problems and non-conformances
- Take ownership of the non-conformances for the area, using 5Whys, fishbone techniques to conduct root cause analysis.
- Support the development of relevant KPI’s for the area, ensuring data is relevant and displayed monthly.
- Ability to design jigs and fixtures to improve efficiencies within the assembly area, using CAD.
- Support and lead continuous improvement initiatives across operations to support the business strategic objectives with a focus on waste reduction and quality improvement.
- Introduce and promote Poke Yoke (error proofing) methodology where possible
- Ensure all product and BOM requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result – introduce a “designed for manufacturing” mind-set
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment, experience might have been as a Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Design Engineer or similar
- HND, HNC or degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of product development, standardisation, prototyping and pre-production processes
- Based within commutable distance of the Hook site
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.