Production Manager – Gloucester – Competitive Salary
Production Manager required to join a thriving manufacturer in Gloucester as a result of recent substantial growth.
As the successful Production Manager you will be responsible for managing 2 Shift Leaders and a department consisting of 30 people. You will work closely with the senior management team to help drive the business forward, focusing on lean initiatives, process improvements and getting the best out of people within the department.
As the successful Production Manager you will have held on of the following job titles previously; Works Manager, Shift Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Business Unit Manager or similar.
26 days of annual leave + bank holidays
3% Employer Pension Contribution
Income protection scheme
Private medical cover
- Ensuring safety, quality, and productivity requirements/standards are met.
- Positively reinforcing company values which includes a safety-first culture.
- Efficiently managing the production resources & employees.
- Setting and delivering manufacturing goals and objectives.
- Leading change and process improvement projects.
- Control of manufacturing resources to achieve maximum productivity and material utilisation.
- Conducting employee performance reviews and managing employee performance.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
- Experience in a similar leadership role within manufacturing environment (Production Manager, Production Supervisor, Senior Production Engineer, Works Manager, Shift Manager, Manufacturing Manager or similar)
- Knowledge of lean and continuous improvement methodologies, such as 5S and Six Sigma.
- Experience managing teams through periods of transition would be highly advantageous (growth, site moves etc.)
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.