Production Shift Leader
Production Shift Leader required to join a global manufacturing company based near Clevedon.
As the successful Production Shift Leader you will be the first line manager of up to 30 people within the department and will be responsible for leading change and developing long-term process improvement initiatives within the unit, as well as being responsible for maximising employee’s performance.
This role would suit someone with the following job title: Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Works Manager, Production Supervisor, Channel Manager, Business Unit Manager, Shift Manager, Shift Leader, Value Stream Manager or similar.
Working Hours – 06:00-14:00 & 14:00-22:00 (Monday-Friday, rotating weekly)
Other benefits to be discussed on application
- Ensuring procedures and standardized work are followed and developed within the department, in-line with Company policies.
- Leading, driving and managing structured and continuous improvements within the unit.
- Responsibility for the development of employees within the department.
- Owning all aspects of environmental, health & safety in the department.
- Supporting new product and new process introduction.
- Champion 5S and lean initiatives, actively promoting, leading and managing change.
- Overseeing workforce planning in responsible work areas.
- Deputising for senior managers when needed.
- The ability to lead by example is paramount as is the need to be able to manage, lead and coach effectively.
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing environment at a management level.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing or actively promoting continuous improvement activities.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.