Project Accountant required to join a thriving and people centric engineering company based in Winchester.
As the successful Project Accountant you will work closely with the Projects department across a variety of individual long-term contracts spanning a range of contract types, to ensure project financial planning, reporting and forecasting is accurate and appropriate to include within the wider business accounts and forecasts.
The Project Accountant scope will encompass all areas of Project accounting, from calculations of appropriate project labour rates to be used within tenders, through to the regular reporting and management of project costs, analysing variances, monitoring percent of completions and actual and forecast project cash-flows and cash curves along with actual and projected work in progress.
Salary – £35,000-£45,000
08:30-17:00 (Monday-Thursday) 08:30-16:30 (Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
- To carry out regular reviews of project budgets and fee structures and forecast project cash-flows and cash curves
- To produce accurate project forecasts and tracking for the full project lifetime.
- To manage the financial reporting for all relevant projects across the business.
- To perform regular financial analysis of projects including variances and pricing structures.
- To calculate labour rates using confidential financial information such as salary fees and overheads.
- To produce reports appropriate to the level of detail required allowing relevant users to understand project financials.
- To evaluate and report on project variances.
- To plan and assist with customer cost audits against individual projects
- To provide comprehensive projects financial reporting and forecasting as required
- To assist with preparation of quotations for project variations in line with the requirements of the contract.
- To prepare applications for payment in accordance with client requirements
- Degree in an accounting discipline or equivalent professional qualification (CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of project accounting for long term projects
- Knowledge of NEC contracts and pricing structures
- Knowledge of pricing structure builds for long-term contracts
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.