Project Engineer – Highly Regulated Industries
Project Engineer – Winchester – Nuclear – £30,000- £42,000
Interested in progressing into Project Management within a rapidly-growing leader in an exciting sector? Project Engineer required to join a rapidly growing engineering company in the Winchester area.
Progression on offer to Project Manager, Senior Project Manager and beyond.
The successful Project Engineer will be responsible for the provision of all aspects of project engineering associated with design and build projects. The scope will encompass all processes within the company from the tendering stage to delivery through management of budgets, management of teams, technical requirements, planning and project reporting.
Experience in a highly regulated industry (Nuclear, Aerospace, Defence, Medical or similar) preferred.
- Project engineering support design for design and build projects.
- Manage all project functions including design, engineering, manufacture, procurement, build, testing and installation.
- Monitor and control projects to ensure they are delivered to budget and programme.
- Manage sub-contracts for manufacturing, fabrication and specialist services.
- develop and maintain a good working relationship with the client ensuring their expectations are understood and met.
- Identify changes in the scope of the project and control changes to programme and order value. Management of allocated resources to project phases.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Support Engineers and Project Managers with technical advice to resolve problems.
- Recognize and solve potential problems and evaluate project/program effectiveness.
- Previous project engineering experience.
- Experience within the nuclear industry or another heavily regulated industry preferred
- Security Clearance, or able to achieve SC vetting level.
- Degree, HND / HNC or equivalent in an engineering or project management discipline.
- Experience with NEC3 forms of contract preferred.
- Salary – £30,000-£42,000
- 37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
- Private health care with WPA (Really good cover)
- Pension 6% company contribution
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Death in service 4x annual salary
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.