Purchase Ledger (Entry Level)
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger (Entry Level) role in Bradford.
This is an exciting permanent position offering someone a career as a Purchase Ledger within Accounts at an entry level with opportunities for progression with a thriving Freight Forwarder based in Bradford.
Hours and Pay
- Monday – Friday
- 0900 – 1700
- £22,000 – £24,000 (depending on experience)
- Private Health
- 5% Pension
- Study support available for the right candidate
The Company Purchase Ledger (Entry Level)
Rapidly expanding freight forwarding Group with 5 offices in the UK. Offering high quality
transport solutions across the globe, including Air, Sea and Road. Current annual turnover of
around £90m per annum.
The Role Purchase Ledger (Entry Level)
The role will sit in the small but growing Purchase Ledger team in Head Office whilst also providing cover to the Credit Control function. Duties will mainly cover the PL functions for one of the Group’s Regional Branches.
As the Group is growing rapidly, the role is highly likely to develop and evolve too. For the right candidate, there will be opportunities to explore and develop skills in other areas of the
The ideal candidate will be keen to learn and develop along with the role.
They will first seek to understand what they are doing and why, then use this understanding to suggest improvements to systems and processes. Developing good working relations with colleagues in separate offices is also essential. This role would therefore suit an individual with good personal skills, who is keen to adapt with a changing role.
Key tasks to be performed by the successful candidate.
- Ownership of one site’s Purchase Ledger function
- Monitor shared PL inbox.
- Be first point of contact for supplier queries.
- Oversee the approval process for purchase invoices for one site.
- Develop close working relationship with operational colleagues.
- Raise payment requests to the Finance Manager
- Tidying up ledger and reviewing aged creditor listing
- Raise credit applications for new supplier accounts.
- Cover for Credit Control team members on occasion
- Identify and suggest ways to improve systems and processes.
- Responsibility for Group Facilities and Procurement administration, with guidance
- from Finance Manager
- Assist with audit queries.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.