Road Export Coordinator
Road Freight Coordinator/Clerk
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a road freight forwarder in to join a market-leading company in their European road freight division.
Founded over 100 hundred years ago and employing 30,000 people worldwide, my client is a forward-thinking, market disrupter, having a strong ethos steeped in company values, holding a genuine interest in their staff and their well-being and going above and beyond to create career opportunities for those willing to learn.
- £25,000 – £32,000 (DOE)
- 9:00 – 17:30 Mon – Fri.
- 22 days holiday – rising each year
- Above industry pension contribution.
- On-site Parking
- 2x Salary Life Cover
The purpose of this role is to plan International vehicles with freight direct from many different manufacturers effectively and efficiently, all the while keeping costs low to maximise trailer profitability. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working for a Freight Forwarder, a strong understanding of export logistics and good geographic knowledge of Europe.
- Sourcing trailers and competitive rates from European Trailer Operators
- Liaising with customs agents/brokers to ensure swift clearance is made
- Planning routes efficiently and effectively, making provisions for driver restrictions/requirements and taking into account customs clearance stops prior to planned deliveries
- Raising any necessary customs documentation
- Working within the operations team to develop the department
- Reviewing and updating plans and communicating any changes in good time of arrangements being made
- Checking on the International vehicles and confirming deliveries have been made
- Checking T1’s have been released upon delivery, if not, liaise with broker/partner
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.