Road Freight Administrator
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Road Freight Administrator in Basildon.
Due to increased global growth in the business, our client are looking for someone enthusiastic to join a thriving Road Freight operations team in Basildon.
The role as an Road Freight Administrator will be dealing with supporting the processing of consignments arriving to the U.K. by road from Europe.
The role – Road Freight Administrator
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000
20 days annual leave + Public holidays and yearly salary review
Confidential EAP platform
Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks
After completing six months’ service, Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary
After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme
After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan
Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
Parking available on-site
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours – [one-hour unpaid lunch]
Saturday rota 1 in 4 approximately – Paid Overtime
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Road Freight Operations Team with their duties supporting the Head of Operations
· Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully Import/Export Land Road freight, warehouse operations and logistics products.
· Oversee client and sub-contractor management in conjunction with SOPs.
· Ensure all customers and clients are invoiced correctly and on time in conjunction with SOPs.
· Ensure all operational activities are completed on time.
· Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments.
· Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team within two hours of receipt and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format.
· Report internal leads to the customer services and sales teams.
· Ensure all duties/VAT is charged correctly upon invoicing and collect any monies due in line with SOPs.
· Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times.
· Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines and handed to line manager.
· Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times giving regular feedback to line manager.
· Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
Skills & Competency:
Previous experience in a similar role preferable (e.g. Logistics / Transport Administrator) experience in freight over one year
Quality organisational skills and ability to manage many tasks or projects at the same time
Ability to prioritise own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems
Demonstrate working administrative background
Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.