Road Freight Coordinator
Road Export Coordinator – Purfleet – Up to £33,000
Main purpose of Job:
The main part of the job is to plan groupage, part loads and full load consignments from the UK to Europe. This includes sourcing haulage and negotiating prices, cooperating with other offices, abroad and colleagues within the UK, all whilst identifying and utilizing opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover. The right candidate must, above all, possess a “can do” attitude.
Salary: Up to £33,000
Hours: 09.00 – 17.00 hrs – Monday to Friday
* Export trailer planning of groupage, part load and full loads
* Deal with customs issues
* Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating
* Assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
* Liaise with other UK based offices in the UK and abroad.
* Communicate with drivers and hauliers
* Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
* Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures.
* Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment
* Agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
* Prepare correct documentation and instruct the UK warehouses to load cargo to vehicles.
* Instruct UK customs teams to issue customs papers.
* Perform and correctly implement General Administration.
* Maintain awareness of and follow transport.
* Combining part loads with groupage to ensure the service level expected by customers are met.
* Experience in dealing with EU Road Freight (Required)
* Experience within logistics (Essential)
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.