Road Freight Customer Service
WR logistics are currently recruiting for a Road Freight Customer Service Executive in Bradford.
This is a permanent position for a thriving Freight forwarder based in Bradford.
Experience within customer service and road freight would be an advantage.
Hours and Pay – Road Freight Customer Service Executiv
- Monday – Friday
- 0830 – 1700
- £22,000 – £28,000 (depending on industry experience)
The role – Road Freight Customer Service Executiv
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. Ensuring customer satisfaction and providing professional customer support.
- Possess good organisation skills with top level accuracy, exercise great attention to detail.
- Responding promptly to customer enquiries through various channels
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day account activities of the company’s customers. Relaying delays in a timely manner and the reason for this.
- Generating rates when required, ensuring rates are accurate and all additional charges are included. Where a client is asking for a rate outside of their tariff, provide a quotation and advise respective persons of new lane / new business potential.
- Processing orders and arranging for goods to be brought into the depot in the most cost-effective way.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing the products and services inside and out so that you can answer questions and up-sell where possible.
- Demonstrating and advising clients on the customs processes, understanding broker requirements, being able to onboard clients that do not have their own broker with own brokers where required
- Understand the customs requirements for invoices, packing lists, recognising commodity codes that require additional certification requirements and ensure they are up to customs standards in the relevant countries.
- Tasks must be performed within stipulated period of time as failure to do so can dent the company’s image in the view of the client.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues in various departments as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- The role involves acting as the key support between and our customer.
- Support in retention and growth of key accounts
- Dealing with agent enquiries for additional information
- Completing KPI reports for our clients.
- Providing all required POD’s in a timely manner
- Ensuring customer portals are up to date, data is accurate and freight rates are complete
- Alerting Supervisors / Managers if shipment numbers increase or decrease or market habits alter.
- A team attitude is expected, try to assist team members where possible when your tasks are complete.
- Be organized on quotations.
- Keep a proactive mindset when it comes to customer enquiries.
- Be self-motivated and ambitious on new things.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to build rapport with customers, developing client relationships throughout.
- Resolving any issues and problems faced by customers; dealing with complaints to maintain trust.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Industry knowledge desirable but not essential
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.