Sea Freight Coordinator
Ocean Freight Coordinator – Freight Forwarding – Feltham, TW14
Mon – Fri: 9am – 6pm
Salary: £23,000 – £27,000
My client, a market leader in UK & EU gateway logistics solutions are in search of an experienced Ocean Freight Coordinator to be part of their successful team based in Feltham, London.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitoring and manage day to day operations for sea freight and transport for the company’s clients.
- Log incoming quotation requests and manage to provide a cost-effective and competitive delivery/collection rate.
- Communicating details of transport to all customers. Also, if required, the person will be assigned as the account manager for certain accounts to complete the duties such as invoicing and payment follow ups.
- Communicating with transport and warehouse department to ensure availability in the warehouse for smooth flow within goods in and out.
- Booking of deliveries and collections.
- Constant communication with last miles for transport purposes and 3rd party warehouses
- Invoice files with monthly deadlines – Ensure suppliers invoices are pay timely.
- Negotiating costs with suppliers
- Perform other duties as assigned
SEA FREIGHT COORDINATOR POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience in Ocean Imports & Exports for FCL and LCL from start to finish – Essential.
- Experience in Quoting & Booking jobs – Essential.
- English Language skills (both writing and speaking) – Essential.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills – Essential
- Experience in dealing with Forwarders / 3rd party firms – Highly Desirable
- Knowledge and experience in Customs
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent computer skills
- Be a highly motivated and passionate professional, ideally with experience in the international logistics/e-commerce industry.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.