Sea Freight Operator
Sea Freight Operator – Freight Forwarding – Southampton, SO14
£26,000 – £30,000
My client, an established Freight Forwarder are in search of an experienced Sea Freight Operator to join their very successful team based in Southampton.
- Ensuring you are managing all aspects of the Import/Export process.
- Complete the custom procedures with total accuracy ensuring that deadlines are met both internally and those defined by customs.
- Generate accurate invoice to client for all shipment related charges.
- Obtain and communicate internally and externally all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met.
- Manage customer issues and the ability to deal with minor issues, disputes, or complaints.
- Ensure documentation is Up-to-date, loaded correctly and make Team Leaders aware of any issues that may arise.
- Proactively action duties on a daily basis, supporting the team during times of absence or holidays.
- Attend customer meetings and identifying areas and services we can sell to our existing clients.
- Assist with staff training, sharing knowledge within the team and continually improving processes.
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Reward Gateway – access to significant savings and cashback on 900+ top retailers, from groceries to wellness products, travel and much more!
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.