Senior Buyer / Purchasing Manager
Company Buyer / Purchasing Manager / Assistant Buyer
My client is a manufacturer of industrial and commercial fresh water pumping systems. They are looking for a Company Buyer with experience within the engineering industry.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be taking on responsibility of the purchasing requirements across the company. This will include raising and submittal of purchase orders, follow up of these orders until delivery is made, working with suppliers and obtaining reduced costs when possible, the updating of system records and pricing, matching of invoices with goods received notes, general back office data input of stock part numbers.
- Responsible for creation of purchase orders, and submittal to the Company Director for higher authorisation against purchase orders.
- Submittal of authorised purchase orders to the relevant supplier.
- To liaise with the Production & Warehouse Manager regarding stock levels and the listing of stock required to be purchased.
- To assist in the monthly audits within the Production & Warehouse Departments.
- Monitoring cost prices, logging price increases and working with the Operations Manager and Company Director to confirm sales prices.
- Provide a monthly report on price increases, and maintain a rolling log of increases by supplier
- Purchasing/Buyer experience within an engineering environment
- Supervisory experience ideally
- Experience in a service & maintenance industry
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.