Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer – Consultancy – Highways & Drainage
My client a private civil engineering consultancy with 7 offices all over the UK is now searching for a Senior Civil Engineer either already at senior level already or a Civil engineer looking to progress into a more a senior role. The consultancy are extremely busy particularly on the infrastructure team working on highways, drainage and earthworks projects.
They have experience in exceeding expectations across a vast array of services, including transport planning, infrastructure planning, flood risk & river modelling, Geo-Enviromental, civil engineering design and highways design.
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles
- Liaise with clients and external agencies
- Attend meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees, public inquiries and undertake site inspections.
- Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects.
- Support the training and professional development of team members
- Relevant experience and degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or similar learned society/professional body. However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow (optional), HECRAS (optional).
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Up to £50K
- Bonus Scheme
- Payment of professional fees
- CPD Allowance
- 28 Days holiday including Bank Holidays
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.