Senior Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Senior Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineer – £45,000-£64,000 – Hybrid
Looking for a challenging role within a dynamic and varied engineering environment? Do you have sound understanding of Electrical Controls and Automation? Would the flexibility of hybrid working be a benefit?
I’m seeking a Senior EC&I Engineer to take responsibility for the provision of electrical engineering elements associated with the delivery of machine design and build projects. Working as part of a project team, you will manage electrical design output of the companies sub-contractors, from concept to validation, support project managers to ensure outsourced EC&I design meets requirement.
- Salary – £45,000 – £64,000
- Monday-Thursday 08:30-17:00 and Friday 08:30-16:30
- Private health care
- Pension 6%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Hybrid Working (2 days wfh)
- Relocation package offered
- Managing and outsourcing of EC&I design and build project elements.
- Work alongside design engineers to ensure designs are fit for purpose and identify design solutions.
- Peer review of sub-contractor produced drawings and documentation against project specification requirements.
- Help develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients and suppliers, including the identification, assessment, and integration of new EC&I sub-contractors.
- Project conclusion and integration
- Witnessing factory acceptance tests and projects sign off.
- Attending bid reviews with respect to engineering estimates.
- Supporting the scheduling and tasking information to the Lead Engineers and Project Managers to support project delivery.
- To assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure smooth running of the engineering department.
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- AutoCAD Electrical knowledge (or similar – Eplan, Solidworks Electrical etc.)
- PLC system knowledge
- Working knowledge of principles of electrical safety, such as the 18th Edition and BS EN 13849
- Technical writing, preferably with experience in obtaining client approval
- Experience working within highly regulated industry.
- Must be eligible to obtain SC clearance as a minimum.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.