Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
I’m recruiting an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a manufacturer of heavy machinery near Birmingham. This is an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to lead a team within a challenging environment.
The successful candidate will likely have experience in the design of heavy industrial equipment/machinery (heavy handling, agriculture, conveyors, furnaces, forge machinery etc.), in a role such as Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Chief Mechanical Design Engineer or similar
- Designing and providing design consultancy to all engineering departments within business
- Leading design team, mentoring Junior Engineers
- Detailed drawings using Inventor/AutoCAD
- Design calculations (Mathcad, Excel, hand)
- Liaison with other departments and customers
- Production of design costings
- Experienced in Mechanical Design role using AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, SolidEdge or equivalent
- Experience in heavy industries such as mining, chemicals, aerospace, defence, steel/metalwork, oil & gas, agriculture or similar
- Based within commutable distance of Kingswinford site (near Dudley)
- £40,000-£55,000 p/a
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.