Senior Road freight Coordinator
Senior Road Freight Coordinator – Felixstowe – £30,000-£35,000
An international freight forwarder are looking for an experienced, Senior European Road Freight Forwarder to join their operation at their Felixstowe branch.
My client have a strong history of continuous growth, and offer an excellent platform for individuals who wish to further their skills and develop their logistics career.
If you have experience dealing with European Road Freight along with Short Sea working for a freight forwarder, with a good knowledge of customs clearances, then please apply today!
** This role is aimed for an individual who feels that they are ready to make a step up into a senior role as overtime, they would work their way towards being the Road Freight Manager for the operation. **
Senior Road Freight Coordinator Role:
- To be responsible for producing high quality customer service to all our customers, overseas partners and suppliers.
- Manage your time to ensure that priorities and targets set are achieved.
Holiday allowance: 20 days plus bank holidays
Additions: Bonus – Paid quarterly (Subject to company performance)
- Plan, direct and control all activities on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all Consignments are loaded onto computer system prior to arrival / departure
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and invoiced prior to export, import delivery or release.
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete customs clearance, deliver or release of cargo.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully informed of any holds, exams or other areas which may cause delay to a shipment.
- Complete Import Customs Clearance in accordance with current HMRC requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all outstanding monies are collected prior to release/delivery of goods with overall responsibility in the collection of outstanding D/V including updating records.
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
Freight Forwarding knowledge/experienced required:
- European Road Freight
- Customer Service
- Import knowledge
- Export Knowledge (Not essential but would be beneficial)
- Customs Clearance
- Start to finish process
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.