Senior Sea & Air Coordinator
Senior Ocean & Air Coordinator – Lichfield – Up to £38,000
Our client who are an independent freight forwarder are looking for a Senior Ocean & Air Coordinator to join them and provide operational assistance to their Head of Sea & Air Freight Operations, allowing further development of their Ocean & Air freight offering with existing and new customers.
Overall Your main responsibility will be the completion of important daily operation tasks predominantly for Sea & Air freight.
Job type: Permanent
Hours: 08:30AM to 17:30PM – Monday to Friday
Salary: Up to £38,000 plus annual bonus
Day to day:
- Organising the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods for Air and Ocean imports and exports including courier imports/exports.
- Handling worldwide Air and Ocean import/export services on a start/finish basis
- Handling import/export quotations for Air, Ocean and Courier
- Handle and understand OBC and Charter Shipments
- Maintaining and establishing good client relationships
- Liaising with customers, overseas agents and shipping lines and airlines/Air wholesalers
- Import/Export documentation – creation and management of all import/export documents
- Taking bookings
- Keeping customers advised and updated at all stages of the import/export process
- Invoicing and administration of shipment files
- Rate negotiations with providers
- Support the Sea and Air Freight Manager on higher value tasks
- Help to source new contacts and form new partnerships.
- Assist in marketing activity to promote the service by email, mailshot, calls
- Air and Ocean import/export experience gained within a UK freight forwarding environment
- Excellent knowledge of Air Freight and Ocean Freight Import/Export procedures and documentation
- Ability to identify hazardous goods by Air and Ocean
- Ability to work with extensive overseas network
- A clear and confident communicator with strong customer service skills
- An in-depth knowledge of shipping company/line destinations/Airlines/Destinations
- Be fully conversant with all associated documentation and the various costs
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.