Shift Leader – Machine Shop – Double Days – Up to £38,000 – Permanent
Shift Leader required to join a thriving manufacturing company based in central Gloucester due to continued growth
As the successful Shift Leader you will be the first line manager of up to 30 people within the CNC machine-shop department and will be responsible for leading change and developing long-term process improvement initiatives, as well as being responsible for maximising employee’s performance.
This role would suit someone with the following job title: Machine Shop Team Leader, Machine Shop Manager, Shift Manager, Production Supervisor, Channel Manager, Business Unit Manager, Production Shift Leader or similar.
Salary – up to £38,000
Working Hours – 06:00-14:00 & 14:00-22:00 (Monday-Friday, rotating weekly)
26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Ensuring procedures and standardized work are followed and developed within the department, in-line with Company policies.
- Leading, driving and managing structured and continuous improvements within the unit.
- Responsibility for the development of employees within the department.
- Supporting new product and new process introduction.
- Champion 5S and lean initiatives, actively promoting, leading and managing change.
- Overseeing workforce planning in responsible work areas.
- Deputising for senior managers when needed.
- The ability to lead by example is paramount as is the need to be able to manage, lead and coach effectively.
- Must have experience working in a machine shop environment.
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing environment at a management / supervisory level.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing or actively promoting continuous improvement activities.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.