Stock Controller / Shipping Manager
Stock Controller / Shipping Manager – Central London – Up to £32,000
A Wine Stock Controller and Shipping Manager is required to join this wine distributor.
The Wine Stock Controller and Shipping Manager MUST have a proven track record of stock control and the process of shipping goods into the UK.
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 dependent on experience
20 days’ holiday (excluding public holidays), increasing to 25 days following two years’ service.
Key Areas of responsibility:
– Manage all aspects of stock within the 3rd party bond and duty paid owned-warehouse: forecasting, ordering and stocktaking.
– Manage the stock levels within the parameters set out by management, utilising historical sales data, sales team forecasts and sales channel trends.
– Ensure that vintage management and stock-turn is efficiently managed and on a quarterly basis make recommendations to the management of action required to clear unwanted stock.
– Work closely with the warehouse teams to ensure that the stock is replenished quickly, kept in excellent condition and efficiencies of picking constantly reviewed and improved.
– Management of supplier orders: creating PO’s, organising freight forwarding (where appropriate), updating stakeholders of new vintages (customer services, sales team, marketing department).
– Execute quarterly reviews on suppliers’ efficiency and performance, presenting findings back to management.
– A highly organised individual with a strong sense of motivation, urgency, and ability to manage pressure.
– Must have a hands-on approach in dealing with stock management, counting, managing, forecasting.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.