Technical Sales Engineer
Technical Sales Engineer – Electronic – UK, US & Europe – £50,000-£55,000+ OTE
Due to a recent retirement a leading provider of advanced electronic technologies is seeking a commercially astute Sales Engineer with a strong technical background within the electronics or electro-mechanical sector to join their established team.
As the successful Technical Sales Engineer you will be up-selling and selling bespoke technical solutions predominantly into the aerospace and air-craft interior sectors, as well as medical, marine and other industries. This role offers a mix of account management and business development and will require travel in the UK as well as travel to the US and parts of Europe.
This role would suit someone who has held one of the following job titles; Sales Manager, Business Development Manager (BDM), Account Manager or similar who has worked within an electronic discipline (HMI, displays, switches, controls, monitors or similar).
Salary – £50,000-£55,000
Bonus / Commission Structure targeted for new business
Company Car / Car allowance
- Managing accounts and up-selling products.
- Developing new business through visits, outreach, cold-calling and networking events.
- Prepare sales forecasts.
- Territory management.
- Maintain records of active customer using CRM system.
- Ensure prompt submission of expense and monthly reports.
- Feedback on information on changing customer requirements and recommend course of action to Sales Director.
- Report Competition activities e.g. new products, price strategies, personnel movements etc.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Maintain relationships with other salespeople within the business in order to maximise ‘cross selling’ opportunities.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Up to date knowledge of the external and internal factors affecting electronics manufacturing.
- Experience of business development and account management.
- Experience gained in the aerospace/aircraft interiors sector would be desired.
- Must have a valid passport and driving licence
- Will ideally hold a HNC qualification or equivalent or will have at least 5 years’ experience of selling technical solutions (electro/mechanical and or electronic) to design engineers and specifiers.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.