Electrical Test Engineer
I’m recruiting an Electrically-biased test engineer to join a manufacturer of complex machinery in Cambridge. This is a challenging test position due to complexity and bespoke nature of the equipment. Not a typical repetitive test position it is detailed and involved and will require strong fault finding expertise.
Due to succession planning, an opportunity has arisen to join a market-leading, cutting edge manufacturing business providing high-value capital equipment to the aerospace, defense, electric vehicle (EV), automotive and renewable energy sectors.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a test engineer and will have knowledge of electrical systems, electronics and control systems. May have previously been a test engineer, field service engineer or development engineer.
- Testing electrical systems within equipment at build stage through to customer installation and hand-over
- Following established test procedures
- Fault finding and identifying fix
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings
- Occasional travel to customer sites for installations
- Experience in an electrical / electronic testing role, either as a test engineer or development engineer. Or would suit a service engineer keen to significantly reduce travel.
- Ability to use and maintain test equipment
- Working knowledge in some of the following disciplines;
* Electronics (Digital & Analogue), PCBs
* Systems Control Techniques
* Motion Control Systems
* Electrical System (Mains & Low Voltage)
* High Voltage systems
- 38 basic weekly hours working within/between the hours 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- 27 days holiday plus all public holidays.
- Pension and Medical
- Company-wide bonus scheme
- Subsidized gym membership
- Social and wellbeing; company socials and wellbeing events/activities throughout the year.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.