WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Transport Coordinator(Road) in Redditch!
This is an exciting permanent position within an international transport and shipping industry in Redditch.
Hours and Pay – Transport Coordinator
- Monday – Friday
- 0830 – 1730
- £23,000 – £29,000 Depending on experience.
The Role & Duties -Transport Coordinator
- Manage the day to day bookings of European and UK road transport jobs
- Manage the warehouse and coordinate both goods in and goods out,
- Managing the warehouse stock and reporting to customers.
- Raising job files and all appropriate paperwork
- Processing jobs through Fast Freight software system
- Extensive client liaison to include quotations, follow up, bookings and problem solving
- Extensive supplier liaison to include rate negotiations, bookings and problem solving
- Internal liaison with the Sales Team, assisting with quotations and service information
- Managing the jobs from start to finish in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues
- Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base
- Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential
- Invoicing jobs on completion
- Populating internal analysis and key statistics
- To be involved in the operations and sales meetings, where current jobs, quotes, problems, entertaining and other relevant topics are discussed along with the previous week’s trading activity
- Must have European freight forwarding or UK transport operations experience
- Warehouse experience.
- Forklift license would be an advantage (Training can be provided)
- Strong Customer Service or Sales experience in rate negotiations and delivering quotations
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
- Quick thinker / Problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
#shipping #Road Freight Coordinator #RoadFreight #Logistics #Redditch #freightforwarder
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.