Transport Planner – Portsmouth – Up to £33,000
Our client, who are a UK based Freight forwarding and Transport Company are looking for a Transport Planner to join their team in Portsmouth
As Transport Planner, you will be working with a small team of Planners, working with subcontractors routing vehicles and containers UK wide. You will be planning up to 100 containers a week.
Full time: Monday to Friday – 08:00am – 17:00pm
Company laptop & phone provided
1 day remote working
Salary: up to £33,000 DOE
- As Transport Planner you will be arranging the release, collection and delivery of containers
- You will plan Driver routes UK wide ensuring adherence to WTD – dealing with any infringements
- It is your responsibility to ensure all routes are planned cost efficiently
- You will be working with the Operations Manager to ensure that all vehicles are in compliance with company standards
- Prepare daily route reports for the Operations Manager.
- Experience using the TruckCom system is preferred but not essential
- Container experience required
- Strong knowledge of VBS
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- 2 Years’ experience as a Transport Planner
Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.